I just signed up for a clothing delivery service called Stitch Fix. It's exactly what I've been waiting for! While I don't mind shopping, I don't always have the time to keep up with trends the way I'd like to and have always wanted to have a stylist just select a few (must have) items for me each month.
Enter Stitch Fix. How it works...
• Fill out a detailed style profile that gets into sizing, styling and cost preferences. Everything is super customized. They even ask for pinterest boards or brands that you love to help them understand your style. I provided these two boards and it must have really helped! (Classic Naturalist) and (Polished).
• Items they offer: jackets, blazers, cardigan, sweaters, scarves, tops, bottoms, jewelry...
• This is not a subscription service. You are not obliged to pay anything unless you request a box.
• Request a box as much as once a month, or only when you need it. You can be as specific as you want. e.g. "I need a dress for a wedding, send me 5... For me, I set it so that I would get some staple items, but to also "surprise" me occasionally to be sure to keep things interesting.
• Anything that you don't want, just send it back in the pouch that's included within 3 days. (Think Netflix.).
Reasons to try it out...
• I got to a point where it felt like I had 10 of the same tops in different colors. By going this route, it might help to keep my wardrobe more well rounded. Every once in a while I need someone to push me outside of my usual favorites.
• Usually I binge-purchase clothes when I actually have time to go shopping. Monthly purchases might help to balance out new clothes more evenly through out the year.
• The $20 per box fee goes toward any item you keep. The way I see it, if you like at least one item, it's a win. (Additional 25% off if you keep all five)
• If you hate going out to go shopping. You'll love this.
Even though I love the idea, I had low expectations...
I figured it would take them a few tries to figure out my size, styling and color preferences, so I kept my expecations low. To my surprise, I liked 3 out of the 5 items that were sent. It felt like Christmas, and I couldn't wait to open the box! I took a peek on the way home in a cab, and the minute I saw the colors and fabric, I was really excited! Here are the items I kept...
• • •
I was JUST admiring a military jacket...
I've been needing tops for work and it's super flowy and comfortable.
(Tab sleeve V-neck ~ $69, House of Harlow Pyramid Station Necklace)
• • •
how'd they know I'd love tribal chevron?
I didn't ask for a dress, but I've actually been needing some.
(Tribal Print Dress ~ $49, Iraeli Designer, Annalis Jewelry, Coral Teardrop Delicate Gold Necklace )
• • •
And just in case you need more ideas, every item comes with a styling card!