Have you ever stopped and wondered what is it that makes us so happy when we travel?
Why are we so engaged and interested in our surroundings? Is it really because we're visiting amazing places, or is it something within us responding differently? These are the questions we tirelessly try to answer here at Live Like You're Traveling headquarters. The question of why we are happiest when we travel and even more importantly, how to bring that high into our everyday lives so we can be just as excited and tuned-in.
We are excited to introduce a new series of posts that will explore these very concepts by exploring the science behind it. We invite you on a journey to discover once and for all what it is that makes us feel happy when we travel and exactly how to bring those elements into our everyday. In other words we want to help answer the ultimate question...
How do you live like you're traveling?
PART 1. Anatomy of a Travel Day.
First, we are going to re-create one of your favorite days. A Travel Day...a day that brought you inspiration, a day that made you feel excited about life all over again. We will re-live this wonderful day and write down absolutely everything that made you feel amazingly happy. In doing this we will create the ultimate model day that we wish we can live daily. This is the first step to understanding what is it that makes us happy when we travel. After that we will look at each element separately to understand why it made us happy and of course how we can achieve this happiness when we're not traveling.
• • • LET'S REMINISCE • • •
Start by thinking back to one of your holidays. Think about a favorite day you spent, copy and paste the questions below into a document or grab a notebook and describe everything that went on that day.
- Waking-up: How did you wake up? When? What did you do?
- Breakfast: Think about your first meal, what did you eat, who did you eat with? How did you feel about the coming day spread out ahead of you?
- First part of the day: Write down everything you did in the first part of the day. Did you sight see? List all the activities and think about how they made you feel.
- Lunch: One has to eat! What did you eat, where did you have lunch? Remember the tastes, aromas, views...
- Second part of the day: What did you do after lunch? How did you feel? Who were you with? Who did you meet? Why did you enjoy it?
- Dinner: How did you decide what you will eat? Where did you have dinner? What did you eat, who were your dinner companions? What was your favorite part about this dinner?
- Evening time: What evening activities did you do? Did you do some more sightseeing, did you relax? Did you go to a party? Remember how you felt.
- Night: Perhaps you stayed up all night? Or maybe just the opposite, you had the best night of sleep?
• • •
In the next post I will share one of my favorite travel days and together we will take apart our day to individually look at the elements that came together to form this amazing day. Stay tuned...
Get everyday adventure ideas @LiveLikeYoureTraveling